Have you ever left your home wondering if you left the garage door open, or ever wished that you could operate your garage door remotely from your iPhone or Android phone, anywhere in the world — or even your computer? Craftsman has made that all possible now with a new garage door opener featuring their AssureLink Gateway technology. There’s even a version that comes with a DieHard backup battery.
We’re hoping to get our hands on this new innovation from the Sears Blue Tool Crew so we can not only show you how to install it, but how to use it!
5PM Update: I just found out from Chris that Craftsman is indeed shipping one to us and we’ll have a full how-to install segment in an upcoming episode of Motorz!
Homeowners Can Now Monitor and Operate Their Garage Door from Almost Anywhere in the World via Smartphone or Personal Computer Using the Craftsman AssureLink™ Gateway*
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., Sept. 27, 2011 — The Craftsman® brand debuts a ground-breaking technology for homeowners this fall with two new garage door opener models –AssureLink™ DC Chain Drive Garage Door Opener and AssureLink™ DC Belt Drive Garage Door Opener with DieHard® Battery Back-up.
The AssureLink™ Gateway technology incorporated into these two new models allows homeowners to monitor and operate their garage door from virtually anywhere* with an internet connection from a smartphone, internet-enabled mobile phone, computer or tablet. Even from thousands of miles away, users can check open/close status and then operate the garage door as desired.
The Craftsman AssureLink™ Garage Door Openers provide a number of convenient solutions for homeowners:
- Are you worried that the garage door was left open? There’s no need to turnaround. Simply check and close the garage door from anywhere with a smartphone.
- Have you ever gone to bed and woken up wondering if the garage door was closed? Now, there’s no need to get out of bed. Simply check and close the garage door with a smartphone.
- Are you running an errand when a package arrives? Allow safe delivery by opening the garage door for the carrier with a smartphone.
- Are you running late due to traffic and expecting the kids or a guest to arrive at home? No worries…simply use a smartphone to open the garage door for safe entry to the home via the garage.
“From storage, to flooring, and the tools that line the walls, Craftsman products offer the most innovative solutions for the garage. Now, the new Craftsman AssureLink™ Garage Door Openers provide our customers the ability to operate their garage from almost anywhere in the world,” said Kris Malkoski, vice president and general manager of the Craftsman brand. “Imagine the possibilities to simplify your life. Homeowners and their family members can virtually eliminate the inconvenience of wondering if the garage door is closed, waiting at home for deliveries, or feeling the frustration of being locked out.”
Craftsman AssureLink™ Garage Door Openers provide the peace of mind, convenience and freedom of controlling entry to the home when homeowners are not present. To use AssureLink™, requirements simply include a personal computer, home internet connection and an internet router. Set-up is easy with just three simple steps:
- Connect the AssureLink™ Gateway to the Internet router using the included Ethernet cable.
- Go online to register and activate the AssureLink™ Gateway. Beginning with year two, there will be an annual activation fee of $19.99, or less than $2 per month.
- Download optional FREE AssureLink™ apps available for an iPhone® and Android™ or use Craftsman’s mobile website or PC website.
Since the garage door is being operated remotely, the highest safety standards are in place. When a door close command is issued via a smartphone, Underwriter Laboratories-approved audible and visual alerts warn anyone nearby that the garage door is about to close. In case someone does not hear or see the alerts, or something is inadvertently left in the door’s path, AssureLink™ garage door openers also include infrared safety reversing sensors and a contact reversal system that can detect obstructions during the closing process, stop the door from closing, and reverse the door to the fully opened position.
In addition to internet connectivity, Craftsman AssureLink™ Garage Door Openers come with the following features:
- Soft-start/stop DC motor and chain drive for quiet, durable, operation
- Premium motion detecting wall control with timer-to close feature (program garage door opener to automatically close after one, five, or 10 minutes
- Keyless exterior entry pad
- Three-function remote controls (two)
- 200-watt, twin-panel lighting
- Automatic sleep mode, which conserves energy while the door is not operating
AssureLink™ DC Belt Drive Garage Door Opener with DieHard® Battery Back-up adds the following:
- DieHard® Battery Backup, which operates the garage door for up to 20 cycles after the power goes out
- Belt drive (steel reinforced), for the ultimate in quiet, durable, operation
- Upgraded wall control that adds LCD screen with time, temp, and garage door opener diagnostic functioning
- Drive type: Chain (#30437) or Belt (#3043)
- Motor type: DC motor
- Voltage: 120-volt
- Certifications: UL (Underwriters Laboratories and FCC Federal Communications Commission) product certifications
- Motor warranty: Limited 10 year
- Carton dimensions (inches): 10.0W x 27.25L x 13.1H
- Shipping weight: 34.8 lbs. (#30437) and 37.8 lbs. (#3043)
The Craftsman AssureLink™ DC Chain Drive Garage Door Opener and AssureLink™ Garage Door Opener with DieHard® Battery Back-up are available now in Sears stores nationwide and at www.craftsman.com. The AssureLink™ DC Chain Drive Garage Door Opener, Model #30437, will be sold for $289.99. The AssureLink™ DC Belt Drive Garage Door Opener with DieHard® Battery Back-up, Model #3043, will be sold for $329.99. For a limited time, purchasers of AssureLink™ Garage Door Openers will receive one year free AssureLink™ internet gateway activation. Beginning with year two, there will be an annual activation fee of $19.99, or less than $2 per month.
For more than 80 years, the Craftsman brand has developed innovative products. To learn more about the Craftsman brand’s assortment of hand tools, power tools and lawn equipment, visit www.craftsman.com, www.facebook.com/craftsman or one of the many Sears stores nationwide. The 2011 Harris Poll EquiTrend® study, conducted online by Harris Interactive, awarded Craftsman Brand of the Year in the Power Tool category.
*Annual activation fee required. See craftsman.com for details.
About Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Corporation is the nation’s fourth largest broadline retailer with over 4,000 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, consumer electronics and automotive repair and maintenance. Sears Holdings is the 2011 ENERGY STAR® Retail Partner of the Year. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, and a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as Lands’ End, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as the Apostrophe and Covington brands. It also has the Country Living collection, which is offered by Sears and Kmart. We are the nation’s largest provider of home services, with more than 11 million service calls made annually. Sears Holdings Corporation operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation. For more information, visit Sears Holdings’ website at www.searsholdings.com.
Sears Holdings Corp.
Zeno Group for Craftsman
SOURCE: Sears Holdings Corporation